Who were the Pharaohs?
- Pharaohs were the most powerful people in Ancient Egypt.
- They were political and religious leaders.
- The pharaoh was the head of the government.
- They ruled both upper and lower Egypt.
- They were usually called 'Lord of Two Lands'
How were Pharaohs selected to rule?
- Pharaohs often select their sons or sometimes a lower-ranked wife.
- Sometimes women became the rulers and were called Pharaoh too, but it was generally man.
- The son of the current Pharaoh would take the title and he must take lessons to be a good Pharaoh.